The key to a successful Keto diet
If your an active person and interested in trying the keto diet, these two ingredients can be crucial in helping raise your energy and endurance: MCT oil (medium-chain fat) and the amino-acid L-Carnitine. Both have a positive effect on fat burning and the production of ketones.
When we’re on the keto diet or on a low-carb diet, most of the calories we consume are fat-based. The goal is to make the body burn fat for energy instead of glucose. This helps improve weight-loss efforts and increases endurance.
What’s the best way to get the body to produce more ketones, fat-derived fuel for your body, efficiently and quickly? L-Carnitine and MCT (medium chain triglycerides).
Most of the fat we consume is larger in structure (long-chain triglycerides). These large molecules cannot easily enter the part of the cell that’s in charge of processing them - the mitochondria. That’s why the body needs L-Carnitine. It acts as the vehicle which helps carry long-chain fats to the mitochondria. Without L-Carnitine there can be no fat burning!
L-Carnitine is naturally produced in the liver, however, in certain cases, the production may decrease:
- Absence of certain nutrients (proteins, vitamins C, B3, B6 and iron)
- Due to stress
- Liver problems (like fatty liver)
- Increased needs for L-Carnitine (due to the body being in ketosis)
If you lack L-Carnitine, all your keto dieting efforts could be in vain. By taking L-Carnitine supplements, you can avoid the risk of your body not burning fat effectively and becoming fatigued too quickly.
Why MCT oil?
MCTs or medium-chain triglycerides are special because of their size - it makes it easier for them to reach the liver where they can be spent for energy.
Long-chain fats go through a longer process before they can be used - after bile and the lipase enzyme break them down, they take a long winding path through the lymphatic system before they reach the liver. MCTs skip all these steps and can be used for energy much faster.
Adding MCT oil to your diet is a great option if you want:
- Quickly accessible energy
- Improved endurance
- Better focus and improved cognitive function
- An easier transition into ketosis (decreased symptoms of “keto flu”)
You can find both in our new Keto Power Pack, which includes:
- L-Carnitine Power Shots: convenient vials of L-Carnitine (Carnipure - Swiss quality)
- Keto drink: pineapple & coconut flavoured drink, with the highest concentration of MCT oil (in powder form - making it easier to digest)